Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

Family Sunday...

  Last week we were blessed with talking with the guy that Chad will possibly be doing his internship with. It is quite exciting to know that things are finally starting move forward. Chad and I have been waiting and praying, and to see some progress is so exciting. I've already started planning out how to pack and when to start. Yes you all might think I am crazy, but I'm going to make this the easiest move because I will know right where everything is. Chad's dad, Mike, thinks I'm a tad bit crazy. Other than that exciting news nothing new has taken place this past week. 
  Chad is finally done working everyday for the state fair, so he will be back on a normal schedule. As well he will be starting school tomorrow. It is his last first day of school, its a sad but exciting thing! This past weekend I've also not been feeling the greatest. I have a pretty sensitive stomach as is and with sinus and a stomach problems, well they didn't go well together. Despite a pretty rough weekend with my stomach Chad and I were able to spend a great Sunday with his Dad and Grandma. We visited with them over lunch as well at their house. I was able to spend the rest of the afternoon/evening with them while they were at work. I really appreciate them taking care of me while I was not feeling the best the other day. Chad's Dad and I watched NCIS and the sports center for most of the afternoon into the evening followed by the Cards/Cubs game. Its great to be in the same house with Mike and Grannie, Mike is a Cub's fan and Grannie is a Cards. They both bicker back and fourth about the game, and yes I love baseball but I could care less who wins, I just love the game. My loyalty lies with the Anaheim Angles! 
  Chad spent a late night at work Sunday night so I ended up staying there later than I expected. Grannie stays up late anyway (because of her long naps) so she stayed up and we had a FANTASTIC visit. Grannie has so many amazing stories about her life. She told me about her childhood, about the Koke family, and so many other amazing stories. One of the best things is she talked so much about Chad's Grandpa, Papal. It was great hearing about him, since I did not know him that much. I also told her about my own grandpa. It is so awesome to think the could have possible served together in the military. Our grandpas did so many things alike. It is great to reflect on the memories of those who have went before us. 
  One more thing about Grannie, as I stayed with her that evening she did something that I admire very much, I saw through her the Body of Christ! You may be asking what I am talking about well let me explain. She knows a family that is in a situation that needs some help from people. Situations that I pray you or I never have to face, but these people are facing them and they need help. Along with another lady, Grannie visits this family on a weekly visit or as much as she can. She as well took time out Sunday night to search phone books, and make phone calls for connections to help these people. Through her I see the church at work, reaching out to those who need it and taking the time out to make the effort to help another person. She didn't have to visit this family or help them in any way, but as apart of the Body of Christ she is helping them. I don't know if I could do what she does, she steps out and helps those who need a hand. I know I have been guilty of thinking, Oh Someone else will take care of that, or That is just not my gifting. Grannie displayed to me a prime example of how the Body of Christ should be working, seeing a need and fulfilling it in any way that they can. I pray that through her example, my own life will reflect how shes lives out hers. She has some Crazy Love for people...but I'll leave the Crazy Love portion for another post! 

That's it from the Koke house hold...until next time

No comments:

Post a Comment